About Barb Hawn
Barb has been a Republican since 1980 when she cast her ballot for Ronald Reagan when participating in her first Presidential Election. She believes and supports the Core values of the Republican Party: lower taxes; Government should be smaller, smarter, and more efficient; 2nd Amendment and that children should never be left in failing schools.
Barb is currently Secretary of the Nevada Republican Party, President of Washoe Republican Women, and 2nd Vice President of the Nevada Federation of Republican Women (NvFRW). In 2015 Barb ran successfully for Secretary of the Nevada Republican Party she was re-elected in 2017 and 2019. She served as NvFRW Secretary in 2018-19 and was elected 2nd VP in 2019.
Barb is active in the community and is currently involved in
- Reno Rodeo, she has been volunteering with the rodeo since 2011 and is a member of the Local Sponsors committee which was awarded Committee of the Year in 2019, the 100th Anniversary, for raising over 1 million dollars in local sponsorships.
- A member of the American Heart Association’s Circle of Red, which is a society of women who are in the fight against heart disease. Circle of Red members has the influence and resources to help rally women to take charge of their heart health.
- Junior League of Reno and served as President in 2005-06. Junior League is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. During her tenure as President, the JLR owned and operated Arlington Gardens Mall and Country Garden Restaurant with proceeds benefiting the Reno community.
- Proud supporter of Nevada Veterans Memorial Plaza
- She was a member of the Diocesan School Board 2008-2016.
Barb and her husband, Brian moved to Reno in 1991 and just celebrated their 32nd anniversary. Their son, Matthew is a graduate of the University of Nevada and is a Graduate student pursuing a Ph.D. in Cellular Molecular Pharmacology Physiology and his Masters in Business Administration.
Barb is running for Nevada Legislature to Build a Stronger Nevada